California’s coastline offers year-round sun and surf, stunning ocean views, gorgeous beaches, great food and all the shopping you can imagine. Huntington Beach is one of many chic communities along Pacific Coast Highway featuring fantastic food, services, boutique shops and natural beaches - and it’s also home to our trendy and inviting hotel, The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel.
We’re located along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), which runs along the California coastline more than 655 miles. Midway between Long Beach and Laguna Beach, our resort is located near State Routes 39 and 55, which take you inland towards Anaheim. For quick reference, The Waterfront Beach Resort is a 30-40 minute drive to Disneyland Park, Disneyland California Adventure Park and Knott’s Berry Farm around Anaheim, and a 40-minute drive north to the Aquarium of the Pacific, along the PCHthrough Sunset Beach and Seal Beach. We are about 10 minutes by car to all the shops, restaurants and services ofNewport Beach, and 20 minutes from John Wayne Airport. If you are flying in from Los Angeles International Airport, we are 50-60 minutes south by car.
Stay in one of the best hotels in Huntington Beach - at The Waterfront Beach Resort. Book your room or suite today and start living your best life here in sunny Southern California.
If you want to stay in and around Huntington Beach, our location is ideal. Stroll 10 minutes down the beach to check out the iconic Huntington Beach Pier stretching more than 1,850 feet into the Pacific Ocean, or hit the shops and boutiques along Main Street and Fifth and PCH. For even more incredible LA shopping and local markets, head over to Fashion Island, just off Newport Beach or wander through South Coast Plaza, the largest mall on the West Coast of the US. And, of course, be sure to schedule a beach day and enjoy the sand and surf in front of our waterfront resort, also offering several mouth-watering dining choices, depending on your mood!
Prime West Coast Shopping
Wear your sensible shopping shoes when you hit up these great fashion stops:
- Pacific City: A five-minute walk up the beach brings you to this iconic beachfront retail hub offering restaurants and bars, boutique and major retail stores, sweet kiosks and services as well as live entertainment and local events.
- Bella Terra: This outdoor shopping mall is the perfect blend of retail, restaurants and entertainment with all your favorite brand names and chic boutique finds. To get there, hop onto State Highway #39 (Beach Boulevard)just a few blocks from our beach resort, and drive straight up to Bella Terra, about 10-15 minutes away.
- Fashion Island: Located in nearby Newport Beach, Fashion Island is home to Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Macy’s and more than 200 other top retailers. You can also arrange for a personal shopper, grab a bite or a refreshing drink, or catch a movie while you’re there.
- South Coast Plaza: Perfecting the art of fashion with more than 250 retailers and boutique shops, 30 restaurants and home of the Segerstrom Center for the Arts, South Coast Plaza is located in nearby Costa Mesa, about 20-25 minutes from our beach resort.
Live & Local Events Calendar
Check out our list of live and local events happening in and around Huntington Beach throughout the year, and check out the official city events website for even more listings.
- Surf City Nights (Weekly on Tuesday Evenings): Explore Orange County’s biggest weekly street fair and Farmers’ Market with more than 90 unique vendors and family-friendly live music and street performers.
- AVP Beach Volleyball (May 3 - 6, 2018): Watch the country’s best hit the sand in this premier pro-beach volleyball tournament happening right here on Huntington Beach.
- 4th of July Parade (July 4, 2018): Help Huntington Beach celebrate the red, white and blue with a full day of festival activities, entertainment, aviation fly-overs and, of course, the grande parade!
- Orange County Fair (July 14 - August 13, 2017): The OC Fair is a 23-day run of epic summer fun taking place at the OC Fair & Event Center in nearby Costa Mesa.
- US Open of Surfing (July 23 – 31, 2018): This week-long national surfing event is usually held on the south side of the Huntington Beach Pier and draws major-league crowds to cheer on competitors as they attempt to qualify for the World Surf League.
- Breitling Air Show Huntington Beach (October 19 - 21, 2018): Impressive aviators take to the sky for an exciting weekend of flight tricks in this highly anticipated annual event.
- Annual Tournament of Roses Parade (January 1, 2018): A favorite local event and long-standing tradition, the Roses Parade is known as “America’s New Year Celebration” and is followed by the Rose Bowl college football game.
- Surf City Marathon (February 4, 2018): Tie up your laces and run a full or half marathon along the most gorgeous route on the coast - with a fantastic beach party and beer gardens galore waiting for you at the finish line.